Windows 8 is internally tagged as Version 6.2, and is essentially an update to Windows 7 (Version 6.1). In fact, it primarily is Windows 7 with the added "Metro" interface (or new Start Menu), with tiles and a separate mechanism for tile-based applications.
For proper operation, the IMG Standard Download as a self-extracting installation executable should be used. Program files must reside in the \Program Files (or \Program Files (x86) location for 64-bit) for correct operation in Windows (security/user-interface requirements in Windows 8).
- Additional Notes and product details regarding Windows 8
- Refer to the detailed notes on Windows 7 for common issues that also affect Windows 8
- Use Joystick-To-Mouse 2.80 for best results in Windows 8 - for 2.70, refer to: Joystick-To-Mouse 2.70 with Windows 8
- To appear at the Start Screen (Windows 8 Start Menu), the program must be executed from a secure location, e.g. \Program Files. If you download and run from your desktop (for example), the EXE will get an Access Denied result for uiAccess, and will not appear at the Start Menu (while if run from the \Program Files location, it will)
- There has been a report with an installation/operation conflct with Logitech SetPoint 6.61 - check with Logitech for updates/details.
Information on Windows
Windows Vista Information
Windows 7 Information
Windows 8 Information
Windows 10 Information
|Category: Common||Type: Information||Product: General Issue|