From the Windows 10 Desktop:
1. Select the Start (Windows logo Start button) button, then choose Settings (Gear-shaped Settings icon)
2. Select Update & security (Circular arrows Sync icon), then in left-hand column, select Recovery.
3. Under Advanced startup select Restart now.
4. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
5. After your PC restarts, select a startup setting by pressing the corresponding number on your keyboard (e.g. 4 for Safe Mode (but refer to displayed menu options))
From the Windows 10 sign-in screen:
1. On the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power > Restart (in the lower-right corner of the screen).
2. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
3. After your PC restarts, select a startup setting from the list of options by pressing the corresponding number on your keyboard (e.g. 4 for Safe Mode (but refer to displayed menu options)).
Older Versions of Windows
( 1) If already in Windows, select Start Menu | Shut Down | Shut down. When safe to power down, turn off PC.
( 2) Turn on Power.
( 3) During System start up, you will see various displays (depending on system). When you see the "Starting Windows ..." message, press the F8 function key. If this doesn't work for you, try this: Start the PC, then press the F8 key once a second until you see the menu. If you see a keyboard error from your system, then you will need to wait until any opening hardware splash screens or notification are finished before using the keyboard.
( 4) A menu will display - select "Safe Mode" - note: do not select the Safe Mode with network support.
( 5) In Safe Mode, things may appear differently and your screen resolution may change - test IMG's software and see if you can duplicate the problem.
If the above doesn't help, try an internet search for your particular version of Windows, i.e. How do I start Windows XXX in Safe Mode?
Original ID: QB208368
|Searched for: qb208368|
|Keyword(s) found: qb208368|
|Category: Basic Configuration||Type: Question/Answer||Product: General Issue|
As seen in ...