There are several issues with USB joysticks.
1) Joystick-to-Mouse will work with these devices if they interface as a joystick device to windows. Typically a USB joystick will come with driver software. This needs to be installed.
2) Before running Joystick-To-Mouse, open Start Menu | Settings | Control Panel | Game Controllers (or Joystick if an early Win 95 version). Verify that the joystick is on ID 1 (Advanced), and that you can calibrate & test the joystick device.
3) Joystick-To-Mouse does not read any joystick - we use the multimedia services in windows, and wait for joystick messages to be sent to our software. If the device does not support or have the proper driver for Microsoft Windows, then you should check with the manufacturer of the device.
4) Reporting any error messages or what does / doesn't happen can be useful in addressing any "issues" with our software.
5) To date, we have had no reports of incompatibilities with any joystick device that interfaces with windows properly. Identifying the manufacturer & model of the device you are using will help us ensure future compatibility if, in fact, there is a problem with the device you are using.
Original ID: PU253605
|Category: Using||Type: Problem/Resolution||Product: Joystick-To-Mouse|