Many of the Wizard's helpers and instructions in Joystick-To-Mouse revolve around the original Windows 95 release. In Windows 98 and later (post mid-1997) releases of Windows 95, the joystick section in Control Panel became Game Controllers. Many of the useful guides & instructions in Joystick-To-Mouse were made ineffective due to this change. The following steps are strongly suggested when installing / operating Joystick-To-Mouse in versions of Windows 95 that are not consistent with the original and Windows 98.
- When installing Joystick-To-Mouse, select Software Installation Only
- Install, configure, and calibrate your joystick (or game controller device) using the Windows Control Panel and/or any software provided with the device itself from the manufacturer
- If you are installing a standard gameport joystick, select Microsoft | Gameport Joystick (for available drivers) via Add New Hardware / installation wizard
- After proper installation of Joystick / Game Controller device, Joystick-To-Mouse will operate properly. Since Microsoft has increased the complexity of the software and installation issues for these drivers of these types of devices, IMG cannot support the myriad of devices and installation issues involving Game Controllers. If you are able to recognize & calibrate the device via the Windows Control Panel, Joystick-To-Mouse will operate properly if the device is recognized as a "Joystick". We anticipate that at some point in the future, hardware installation via Windows will be less complex and confusing than represented by the options available in the Game Controller portion of Control Panel.
- Verify that the Joystick is under Controller ID 1. For best results, we strongly recommend that only 1 controller be installed - it must be on Controller ID 1 to be recognized by Joystick-To-Mouse.
- Unfortunately, IMG cannot support Microsoft's approach to the installation, hardware drivers, configuration, and calibration of these types of devices as we have in the past. We sincerely apologize, but all inquiries must be deferred to Microsoft or the Game Controller manufacturer if Joystick-To-Mouse reports it is unable to recognize a Joystick device.
Original ID: PC101295
|Category: Common||Type: Problem/Resolution||Product: Joystick-To-Mouse||Version: 2.51|