Replace IMGLOGON.DLL with 1.75 version. This is a security issue with Windows 2000 servers for the Win32 API call NetUserGetInfo. Prior to 1.75, this is called in the security context of the local machine, rather than the authenticated user. Most likely seen on native Windows 2000 servers as domain controllers with user logging onto the domain (rather than local machine).
- Download IMGLOGON.DLL 1.75 Release (5/17/2002) (400K) (MD5: 64DFA38AD844A153C437E3A20117B1CF), and replace prior to 1.75 file.
- Download IMGLOGON.EXE 1.75 Release (5/17/2002) (100K) (MD5: 0E980D25B5BB78DECA9CCCB010C73469), and replace prior to 1.75 file.
- You must be Administrator
- Use Logon Utilities to disable Keyboard logon prior installing new file, restart if required
- Rename IMGLOGON.DLL to IMGLOGON.170 (or 1.73 etc.) (default \WINNT\[Product] [MYTSOFT/MYTTOUCH/MYTPEN/ONSCREEN])
- Rename IMGLOGON.EXE to IMGLOGON.170 (or 1.73 etc.) (default \WINNT\[Product] [MYTSOFT/MYTTOUCH/MYTPEN/ONSCREEN])
- Copy IMGLO175.DLL to Installation folder, rename to IMGLOGON.DLL
- Copy IMGLO175.EXE to Installation folder, rename to IMGLOGON.EXE
- Use Logon Utilities to enable Keyboard logon.
- Use Advanced to select Keyboard Availability - refer to Help (dialog Help button) to identify which mode is required for your particular application.
- This update includes all of the updates from 1.71 through 1.74 releases of IMGLOGON.DLL.
Original ID: PC205342
|Category: Common||Type: Problem/Resolution||Product: Logon Module||Version: 1.70|