- Verify Windows Up-To-Date or use alternate MSI (Microsoft Installer) File
- This only affects a small number of systems, Windows XP and later.
- Background: The single file self-extracting/self-installing is the same on the web as on the CD - the install approach has worked for years on all versions of Windows. In late 2005, we've received reports from Windows XP users having difficulties with this install file.
- The failure appears to be related to the PKZIP extraction process used - what exactly causes the failure on a small number of systems is not clear, but it is difficult for us to call this progress. However, backwards compatibility is not guaranteed in the Windows environment.
- Since this is just a simple install & doing nothing more than expanding compressed files, we have prepared an MSI file (Microsoft Installer), which should be better supported by Windows for those users who have had these difficulties.
- Download Build-A-Board Version 2.10 Install as a single file MSI based file 11/7/2005 (3.1 MB) (MD5: 39AD7DA04D793F94141E10F994D95609)
Original ID: PI223703
|Category: Installing||Type: Problem/Resolution||Product: Build-A-Board||Version: 2.10|