- Verify the system date is current. All versions prior to 1.78 will fail to load if the system date is past January 19, 2038. See Year 2038 Problem.
- Update My-T-Soft executable (MYTSOFT.EXE) to 1.77B.
- Download MTS177B.ZIP (148K) (MD5: 2BCDF5255E9970E4F008F5C4857E9ABC), follow instructions below.
- Download ZIP, move / copy to My-T-Soft install folder (default \WINDOWS\MYTSOFT or \WINNT\MYTSOFT)
- Make sure My-T-Soft is not running.
- With Windows Explorer, go to install folder, find MYTSOFT.EXE, rename to MYTSOFT.177
- Unzip MTS177B.ZIP - expands to MYTSOFT.EXE 1.77B version
- For 1.77 Versions only
- Certain drivers may occasionally trigger multiple Settings Change messages (e.g. WM_WININICHANGE or WM_SETTINGCHANGE). If multiple messages are sent while My-T-Soft is initializing, the above error could occur. The update handles this situation.
- This typically only could occur when the system and drivers are initializing, and when certain drivers may be broadcasting these messages quickly. More robust drivers should only send one message once all settings changes are complete - you may also want to make sure you have the latest drivers for your hardware.
Original ID: PG223715
|Category: Using||Type: Problem/Resolution||Product: My-T-Soft||Version: 1.77|