Use updated IMGLM.EXE
- Download IMGLM.EXE (zipped as IMGLM176.ZIP) 110K 7/27/05 (MD5: 4450AC49D1CDE47DA89C89C1D312FE5C)
- 1) On the server, Go into the IMG License Manager (Licensing Information icon), and "Stop" the service, then "Remove" the service. You may leave this open.
- 2) From the Command Prompt (CMD) or Windows Explorer, go into the MYTSOFT folder (\WINDOWS\MYTSOFT) (or \WINNT\MYTSOFT).
- 3) Rename IMGLM.EXE to IMGLM.176
- 4) Copy / extract the new IMGLM.EXE from the downloaded file and place updated IMGLM.EXE into the MYTSOFT folder
- 5) From the License manager, Select "Install", then "Start"
- Windows Server 2003, SP1 requires this update for proper operation. Earlier versions of Windows may also experience the license manager shutting down, in which case this update should be applied.
- Certain events may trigger the service control manager to contact the IMG License Manager, including user logons, or other activities on the server. At some point during Microsoft's updates, instead of ignoring the current state response of 0, the service control manager treated this as an error & shut down the service. Earlier versions of Windows simply ignored this response. The update to IMGLM.EXE changes the response code given to the service control manager, since it appears to have gotten very particular & reacts strongly to the default response of 0, which worked for many years prior to these updates by Microsoft.
- This update should only be applied if you experience the problem listed above. If there is any issue with the update, please revert back to the original file (e.g. rename IMGLM.176 to IMGLM.EXE) & contact IMG Technical Support.
Original ID: PC203360
|Category: Common||Type: Problem/Resolution||Product: My-T-Soft TS||Version: 1.76|