- A major system change, or moving to a different system requires a license transfer.
- Three items are required:
- 1. Serial # (from original Certificate of Authenticity)
- 2. License Key (from original Certificate of Authenticity)
- 3. System ID (from IMG License Manager on New System)
- Important Notes:
- If you have transferred the license before, you MUST use the most recent serial # / license key pair! Once a license has been transferred, the serial #/license key used to transfer will no longer be allowed for future transfers. Be sure to safely record your most recent license information.
- A hard disk re-format, or Operating System Upgrade / Re-install will generally cause the System ID to change. After these changes, re-install the IMG software and refer to the IMG License Manager to obtain the New System's System ID
- The software must be installed from the original media / original download
- To obtain the New System's System ID, run the IMG License Manager ("Licensing Information" icon)
- The software MUST be the same product / same version as the original license.
- Click here to Transfer a License. Be sure to have the 3 items indicated above.
- If you have copied (or restored from backup), it may be helpful to "reset" the license. For versions prior to 1.78, you can delete the license file (LICENSE.LIC) (use Windows Explorer, go into the Installation Directory, find the file LICENSE.LIC, then delete it), then run the License Manager twice, e.g. Start Menu | Programs | [Product] | Licensing Information - click Register later the first time (which will create an empty LICENSE.LIC file), then obtain the System ID the SECOND time you run the License Manager, and use this to perform the transfer. In the 1.78, there is an option to delete the LICENSE.LIC file from the Web License portion (within the License Manager).
- Other Notes:
- The License Manager updates the file LICENSE.LIC in the installation folder. In general, you want to be an Administrator (or privileged user) that can write to this file. Additionally, this file cannot be Read-Only (which can happen if it is copied or moved from a CD).
- There have been issues where the LICENSE.LIC file is corrupt, or if edited manually, it is saved as Unicode (it must be ANSI / single byte characters). The options are to do a re-install, or delete the file & recreate it by running the License Manager (you must run the License Manager twice for software released prior to 2007).
Original ID: IL800271
|Category: Licensing||Type: Information||Product: General Issue|